Coodlie Park at Talia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
August 11th 2019
Published: August 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

“Coodlie Park” at Talia is a farm stay/bush camp located a short distance from Venus Bay. The property offers secluded campsites in amongst the vegetation for protection from the prevailing southerly and south westerly winds. There is a camp kitchen, bush toilets and a quirky bucket shower block if you choose to/need to use them. Pass.







It is remote; they actually suggest you turn off all technology because it simply won’t work here. Is it akin to the outback? If the outback is a place where you stand with eyes closed and absorb the silence, or a place where you retreat from today’s bustle and embrace the basics of life, or a place where you can sit back, relax and appreciate just being “there”, then I guess we are still in the outback.







Within the property there are a couple of 4WD tracks that take you to the cliffs of Talia. The mud map given to us when we paid our $15/night says it is a 40metre climb down to the beach. It didn’t say “how” you could climb down and there was no pathway or stairway to take you down that we could find, but from what we could see of the cliff face “climbing down” certainly won’t be on our activity list of things to do! It was wild and rocky but so breathtaking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb