Kimba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
June 25th 2019
Published: June 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Brrr – it was a frosty start to the day but the sun’s rays soon took care of the ice and dew on the car.







This morning, following domestic duties, we drove a short distance to Whites Knob lookout and the Edward John Eyre Sculptures. Forged out of recycled steel the sculptures of explorer Eyre and his indigenous tracker were erected in November 2011. He was the first man to traverse the Continent from Sydney to the Swan River in Perth in 1840-41.







A quick detour to check out the silo art and, of course, The Big Galah that stands at 8metres high completed our cultural nip around town.







Another glorious day so couldn’t resist an afternoon walk along the Roora Reserve Nature Trail. 6kms return in length it goes from the Rec Reserve up to White Knob Lookout. Having been up there this morning we just ambled along for 2km spotting steel bush art in the form of native fauna and then turned back. It was so peaceful and quiet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



25th June 2019

You have been lucky with the weather, the 6 K bimble sounded a nice bimble. Love the photos, it’s amazing the skills of the artist around these days. Great reading.?? stay safe and enjoy your trip.

Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb