Mount Gambier to Port Augusta


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
April 19th 2018
Published: April 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We stopped at Mount Gambier for lunch and to check out the Blue Lakes. first was the Sink hole at the start of town then onto the Lake a quick stop for shopping and on we went. As it had been wet the last few days Kens swag and gear was drenched so we stopped at a rest area to dry everything out before moving on to find a campsite. the one we thought would be good was closed off by officials . Not sure why, but there was a car parked in the middle. We found one further down the road. Next morning we were back on the main road to Adelaide. We were greeted in Coonalpyn by murals similar to the Victorian Silos. At Murray Bridge we turned North to Mannum. Quite a nice township on the Murray River. We camped at Swan Reach about 40km North. It was such a nice spot we stayed for an extra day, which could turn out to be expensive as I went for a swim and lost my top teeth.

Today we travelled to Gawler then North to Clare for a Cornish pasty. Quite tasty. Now I'm sitting here at Maccas writing this blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb