Flinders Ranges National Park


Advertisement
Published: February 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The next day we got up early and set off for Wilpena Pound. This is part of the Flinders Ranges National Park. We arrived in good time for some hiking and did a 7.8km hike around the park. This took us on an easy route to the an old homestead left from the time when they farmed there and then up to Warangga Lookout, a more difficult ascent over quite rocky terrain. My ankle handled this quite well and I was able to do it without too much difficulty. Steph was also struggling with the route, partly due to her slightly swollen ankle, caused by a bite, and predominantly due to the proximity of large spiders.

After the walk we decided we had enough time to head back to Port Augusta. Whilst this meant doubling back on ourselves we would have needed to do this anyway as there is only one route to Coober Pedy, which goes through Port Augusta. When we arrived we decided to stay in the other caravan site we knew about in Port Augusta. This was a much more modern caravan site and we again did some outdoor BBQ cooking, this time a lovely fried sweet potato, onion and pepper dish with a chickpea burger.

All that remained was for me to valiantly battle with the grey water tank on board. Despite leaving the valve open all night it still read 2/3rd full in the morning. However, seeing as i have taken the drain cap out of the bottom and still never managed to get it better than 1/3rd full this was probably a good result. After putting some more water in the fresh water tank we were then ready to head off into the Outback.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb