Day 25


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Victor Harbor
March 3rd 2011
Published: March 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After doing our research as to what is to see on Kangaroo Island, we decided to give it a miss, but would head to Victor Harbour and take in that area.
It was a little cool and overcast, but the trip was only 40 minutes and we found a nice German Cafe that had yummy pastries and coffee. Obviously a very popular stop, because it was very crowded and a queue for service.
After our recharge of morning tea we headed over to the Jetty and info centre.
The tram ride to Griffith Island via the horse drawn tram looked like fun, so we jumped on for a visit to the Granite Island.
The walk around the Island was good views with the Southern Ocean belting against the huge slabs of granite was awesome with the relentless power as mother nature attempts to flatten the earth.
We completed the walk and caught the tram back along the long Jetty.
The weather was a little cool with a wind chill factor, so we hopped into the 4x4 and set off with our GPS set for Cape Jervis, the ferry jetty to Kangaroo Island.
The country side is hilly with a lot of farms and grape growing, but good roads and easy driving.
We arrived at the terminal outlook to look down on the Ferry and looking out to Kangaroo Island.
Cape Jervis would not be high on our list of holiday resorts to visit.
We set off to head up the West Coast of the Peninsular to visit the small towns along that coast.
We stopped at Aldinga to find a coffee to get home on, but managed to get an ice cream instead, (yep no coffee shop we could find) so we set sail for the OZ Park at Milang.
The trip back appeared shorter, but I guess it was virtually directly across the peninsular.
We arrived back to settle for our wine o’clock, with the White cockatoos keeping up a constant racket, discussing the day’s events, no doubt.
Head to Adelaide tomorrow, with a travel time approximately 1.5 hours, there was no rush to get mobile in the morning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb