Tumby Bay to Elliston and the bits in between.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Tumby Bay
April 12th 2013
Published: April 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Of the 5 days we stayed at Tumby, we didn't get to ride much, and you might ask why. .........I am waiting for you to ask...Not long after arriving, as we were checking the bikes, we noticed that both rear tyres were looking a bit the worse for wear. A quick search on the net located a bike shop in Port Lincoln and we organized for new tyres. We rode in early Wednesday morning to have both new tyres fitted and a bit of a visit around the town.

Having said previously that the S.A. roads are good, we are not going to reneg on the statement, but you need to be aware that the surface of the road is quite rough, the tyres we had on were a reasonably soft compound for our local roads at home. These roads killed them. In addition to that, towing the trailer also impacted negatively on tyre wear.

Thursday we packed up and had a good ride to Coffin Bay, it sucked. We actually stopped at the caravan park, went into the office and were given a map showing the areas vacant. Eoin also asked if we could use their toilet while we were there, of course was the reply, after you pay $20 deposit for the key. Apparently, it is a special key, needless to say, we just crossed our legs as we inspected their dusty, uneven and very sucky sights.

Another 124km further on we rode into Elliston and found a park with level grassed sites without a special key needed for the toilets. Setting up is getting easier, but this time the heat was pretty bad and tempers nearly matched the ambient temperature in the park. But eventually Eoin won, yay (arms waving, arms down )

Advertisement



12th April 2013

A long day?
Gee. You sound like the last few days may not have been the best of the trip so far. Glad Elliston was nice, the episode with the key would really annoy me too. Some people have no idea how to create and cost business. I probably would have told them what I thought of their park (and their special key). Try to play nicely together, it's all better after a cool drink and a relax. We are on the first night of our 15 weeks away and on the way to the AGM in Maryborough. Coopernook Hotel. Nice meal, cold drinks and free camping......all good. Hope the coming days improve for you. Enjoy the trip of a lifetime.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb