Streaky Bay (Saturday 13th July - Tuesday 16th July)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Streaky Bay
July 16th 2013
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After three months of exploring the WA coast we are back in SA and back in the familiar territory of our favourite SA holiday destination, Streaky Bay. We set up on the calm waters edge of the spectacular bay, all ready to enjoy the last few days of our incredible odyssey.

We make sure to take the time to visit our favourite Streaky destinations. On day one we head straight to Mocean Café for gourmet coffee and scones, then drive out to Granite's Beach for some rock climbing, the girls, and fishing, Matt and I. We weren't so lucky in the fishing stakes, but Matt sees a giant humpback whale completely breach out of the water! Day two, we load up our packs and head to the Island for our last swim (steamers are back!) and a fish (Matt hooks one big salmon). Then we head back to our van, snuggle in by the heater and dig into a delicious curry and final night golden syrup dumplings and icecream!

Matt squeezes in a final early morning surf at the Island while the girls and I commence pack up ready for our last day in the car. There is much
excitement in the air as we all eagerly await our return back home to be reunited with Tahlia and to have all of our family back together again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement











Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb