Lions at Point Labatt


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Streaky Bay
May 2nd 2013
Published: May 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a stint fishing on the Streaky Bay jetty yesterday evening, we come home with five fish. It was pretty hard getting the hook out of the thick weed there, but the weed is the home of the squid. Our friends get two of those, they are weird creatures with their long tentacles, and they spray ink all over the jetty. We walked up to the jetty to fish, and we walk back, about 3 ks!

By the time we have tea, falling into bed is all I can do.



Today we drove down to Point Labatt to have a look at the sea lion colony, it’s a bumpy road but we finally get there to see the lions basking in the sunshine. There’s a viewing platform, and a long way down the cliff, but I get a couple of decent shots on the zoom.



On the way, we stopped off at Murphy’s Haystacks, huge rocks that rise up out of the ground like mushrooms. It’s a geological phenomenon, and we see where it looks like the bees have been making honey under their rims. The panorama from this hill is almost 360degrees, and you have to marvel at the size of this land.

Tomorrow we head on towards the Nullabor, so will be out of range for a while.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Sea Lion ColonySea Lion Colony
Sea Lion Colony

Point Labatt
WhOoohhooooWhOoohhoooo
WhOoohhoooo

Picnic at Hanging Rock!
Razor FisherpeopleRazor Fisherpeople
Razor Fisherpeople

Sun just coming up over Streaky Bay this morning
The razor fish fleshThe razor fish flesh
The razor fish flesh

Tastes like abalone to me
Stubby tailed lizard_1920x1440Stubby tailed lizard_1920x1440
Stubby tailed lizard_1920x1440

What do you think of this Jake and Ryan, Meiren Mathew and Siobhan?


5th May 2013

Great pics
What sort of fish did you get, calamari for tea? Can you eat the Razor fish? Looks like a scallop.We also went to Murphys Haystacks, and saw the seals. Keep the news coming.

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb