30 03 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Robe
April 4th 2010
Published: April 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

30 03 2010-03-31
Still on the great ocean drive. Start Warnambool and finish at Robe.

Well we got off after a light breakfast and went to Port fairy then along to Portland for a stop and a coffee. Saw about 6 trikes all powered by VW engines and took some photos on the way. To be honest you were spoilt for choice with the views so we attempted to get a feel of it as we drove along with the sea views on our left.

We went via Mount Gambier and were held up by flocks of sheep along the way. Eventually when I was all done in we got to Robe a small place which once again had its share of shipwrecks. The choice of accomadation was sparse so we opted for a 2 bedroom cottage called Campbell cottages. It was ok ish, not clean enough for Wendy who managed to find dirt everywhere. In fairness they were up for sale and at $90.00 per night for a cottage that sleeps 7 was ok. It did turn cold though and we are now more used to the heat. As a result after the Chinese take away from across the road I spent the whole night trying to light a fire as it was the only heating. The poxy small TV only had crap channels and the fire never really took off. There was no milk for a cup of tea on our arrival and the place was a bit shabby.

I did tell Wendy we would be lucky to get our own lighthouse and gun battery every night but that didn’t help.

As a result we were up at 0530 the next morning and on the way by 0630 and it was still dark for the next episode tune into 31 03 2010



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb