Sanantone in South Australia.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Renmark
January 24th 2015
Published: February 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After crossing the Nullabor we had a couple of days in the Airport Caravan Park in Ceduna. Before Ceduna we went through the quarantine checkpoint, they are very strict on what you can bring into SA, mostly because of fruit fly. We'd had a cookup of our stone fruit, pumpkin, potato and sweet potato, had no citrus or tomatoes, cut the tops off the carrots but still lost some celery sticks and a small piece of red cabbage to quarantine, we bought a small amount of fruit and veg in Port Augusta and kept the dockets in case we were stopped by a mobile quarantine as we're heading for the Riverland districts around Berri and Renmark which are also fruit fly free and very close to the Victorian border. On our way to Port Augusts we stopped at Kimba, a lovely little town geographically positioned halfway across Oz from east to west or vice versa. Statue of a giant galah.. There's a lot of wheat grown all around the area with a statue of a farmer at Wuddina, tribute to the farmers. Only spent one night at Port Augusta as we'd been there before then headed to Renmark but stayed 2 nights at Burra, really lovely town with many historical type buildings. The caravan park backs onto Burra creek, home to many ducks and lots of other water birds. Staying in Renmark till after Australia Day long weekend, the kids go back to school then and weather permitting we can hopefully do some camping along the Murray River.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb