Port Pirie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Pirie
May 2nd 2011
Published: May 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

John came home from work and said he had a bad toothache on the tooth he had a root canal job on back in Geraldton only about 3 months ago - we were not impressed - managed to get an appoitment the next day with a dentist in Port Augusta - just before we went to bed he said the tooth felt loose. He woke me up about 4am and said the tooth has just fallen out and now the pain was gone. We cancelled the appointment and the gum has healed up well. Quite a relief.
On Friday we settled in for the big wedding (William and Kate of course), setting our chairs up outside the door of the caravan as it was still quite warm outside - the people in the next caravan came over (Owen and Bernice) and said were we getting TV reception and at the time we were and they were not so they came over and sat with us, then the reception was starting to break up on our TV so we wondered over to the TV room and were able to watch it all on a good TV with out any break up of reception. Could not miss this big day and made some good friends at the same time.

Sunday May 1st 2011
The weather had turned a little cloudy and cool so we decdied to take a drive down to Port Germein and Port Pirie.
Port Germein has a long wooden Jetty and claim it to be the longest wooden jetty in Australia. When it was built it was 1680 metres long but after a storm it is now 1532 metres long, I thought Bussleton had the longest Jetty but maybe after some of the storms maybe it is not as long as it used to be. Port Germein is just a very quite seaside town.
Carried onto Port Pirie - quite an interesting place with a lot of old buildings which have been retained and looked after - when looking for something to eat for lunch we noticed an old church which looked like a resturant and when we went in it was a fish and chip shop - the meal was quite good and priced very well. It might not be the ideal use for a church but at least it is being used on not derelict.
Port Pirie is an industrial town with a huge lead smelter right in the middle but they have cleaned it up and now it is a very nice town attracting a lot of tourists.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd May 2011

Hello stranger
Wish i was there....I am glad to hear John has not got his toothache anymore. John will be waiting a train for a long time. What were you waiting for ......a boat.
5th May 2011

Hello to my travelling family!
WOW! what else can I say,but wish you both more exciting and beautiful travelling in our Great wonderful and terrific country! Glad to hear Johnny has overcome that dreaded tooth ache... I know because I have been there. love to you both...

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb