DEEP FRIED FROZEN FISHY BITS!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Pirie
November 10th 2010
Published: November 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

There are no photos to accompany this entry as I did not want to make anyone ill. I did get a photo of the offending restaurant but chose not to include it for fear of being sued!

It was so bad that it deserves an entry all of its own....

Arriving in Port Pirie Andy spotted a seafood restaurant he wanted to go to for lunch. We don’t eat out much and Andy was very eager to try the scallops and prawns. We waited excitedly but what we got when our order arrived looked like a kids meal in a service station. The only thing that could have made it more like a kids menu special would have been the choice of peas or baked beans! Everything was previously frozen and battered or for the slightly more health conscious diner breaded - battered scallops whoever thought of that? Well I think whoever thought of that should be seeking other employment opportunities! And who would expect a seafood dinner as bad as this when your on the coast. At least the salad bar was good. Although considering we both left a fair amount of our fish and chips it turned out to be quite an expensive salad. I still have nightmares of this meal to this day and as a consequence of this horrendous choice of eatery Andy is no longer allowed to choose where we eat for quite some time. The only saving grace was that much to our surprise it did not make us ill - still dine here and you probably wont get sick is hardly something to boast about in your advertising! Feeling unfulfilled we drove on to Port Augusta. We had been told this was somewhat of a tourist trap. When we arrived we struggled to see quite why. Other than a place to do some shopping before heading into the Outback it offered nothing. We found a suitable lay-by on the way to Whyalla. Our sat nav told us there was a camping shop in Whyalla where we could buy a new stove or at least get some advice on fixing ours. We got an early night as we had some maintenance to do on Hilda before the sun got unbearably hot the next morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb