Day 5 - We discover Port Lincoln


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Lincoln
April 27th 2012
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -34.7202, 135.858

Today's Challenge &– To purchase a freshly cooked crayfish. (It's nearing the end of the season so this will be tough)

We start the day with a 45 minute walk along the Parnkalla walking trail, then we head off on a 'Swim with the Tuna tour&’, we have no intention of swimming with those suckers, but this is a must do tour if you are in Port Lincoln. The weather is immaculate and the water as smooth as glass. The tour operator fill us in on the local aquaculture industry and the demise of the tuna industry and to as why they now farm tuna, which is where we are heading today. Our group is full of pensioners but they are ever so friendly. On arriving at the viewing platform we discover there are only 50 odd tuna in the pen. The guide tells us they were recently attacked by sharks but we are some what dubious.

On returning we spot Dean Lukin&’s tuna boat and it was probably Dean who put the spotlight on Port Lincoln when he won gold in the Olympic Games.

We disembark and head to the 'Fresh Fish Place' Factory Outlet, it has a good reputation with the locals so we hope to fulfill toady's challenge here. On arriving we see nothing but frozen crays in the freezer and reluctantly take one to the counter, however the girl telsl us she has just started to cook two fresh crays and asks if we would like one. "You betcha" Debi says," put our name on it and we will be back when it is cooked".

Having met toady's challenge we head to the town centre and foreshore precinct looking for a Chinese restaurant. You wouldn&’t believe it, the restaurant is next to the Post Office! (see challenge one).

We refuel for tomorrows journey and stock up with some grog as we expect hefty prices in Ceduna, our last place to supply before crossing the Nullarbor.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb