To Port Augusta


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Augusta
April 25th 2013
Published: April 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A thick fog shrouded Kimba, so breakfast was leasurely enjoyed. After loading both bike and jumping on both bikes, Henry decided he didn 't want to start. No amount of pushing the damm button would help. After unloading Henry to give us access to the battery we were able to jump start from Heidi. Then trying to keep him going while loading up again, the fog decided to return. A great start to the day.

Even faced with these challenges, we did leave and fortunately the fog didn't cause us many great difficulties. Once it did burn off about mid morning, it turned into a perfect riding day. We continued along the Eyre Highway and took a small detour to Iron Knob. I remember learning about that in school. We thought that would be a nice spot to have a cup of coffee, wrong!!

The place is basically deserted, speaking to one of the locals he said that the demise started 30 years ago to what it is now. No petrol, no cafe/shop, no shade....

The closer we got to Port August the nicer the scenery appeared. The vista took in the Flinders Rangers, producing a kaleidoscope of colours.

After we went through the ritual of setting up camp and doing the first food shop, we were rewarded by watching the full moon rise over the Flinders Rangers. Can't wait to ride through them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



28th April 2013

Isn't it strange
Batteries always seem to know the most inconvenient times to give up the ghost. Although I suppose there are no convenient times. Having said that it would be better in the driveway at home rather than in a small town half a country from home. The ride from Port Augusta up through the Flinders to Peterborough is special. I hope you enjoy it if you go that way. It's even better coming the other way.

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb