Sanantone Touring Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Point Turton
February 22nd 2014
Published: February 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Left Victor Harbor for a week in Adelaide, beautiful city, lovely buildings, good public transport and the people are very friendly and helpful.We stayed in Adelaide Caravan Park, 2klms from city centre. It was over 40C for the first two days but it's a dry heat so not too bad. Then we got torrential rain for 2 days and the River Torrens which was a small stream behind the park became a raging torrent. It was right behind our van but down a steep ravine so we had great views. Unfortunately quite a lot of the city was flooded as the rain was the heaviest in 40 years. The next fe days were very pleasant and we got to see the city. We got a bus just down the road and did the 5 minute trip into the centre where we changed to a tram to go to Glenelg.The trams around the city and out to Glenelg are free to people with a seniors card as are the buses between 9am to 3pm but there is a bus that cicles the city with a tourist commentary which is free to everyone.The central market next to chinatown is very good and the asian food there is excellent. On Sundays there's a fresh fruit and veg market and fish straight from the trawlers at Torrens Island about 10 mins from city. Behind the city are the Adelaide hills and the German town of Harndorf, very picturesque with delicious cakes in the many sidewalk cafes. From Adelaide we headed onto the Yorke Peninsula and the small town of Ardrossan, famed for blue swimmer crabs on the eastern coast. Another very nice place, nice people and all basic amenities. Tony had a great time catching the daily allowance of 20 crabs with other guys from the park then he cooked them and once cooled we tried them, scrumptious!!!!! We've just moved onto Point Turton which is on the west side of the Yorke Peninsula but not known for the crabs as it's a bit far south, however we hope to get some whiting. Fantastic views from the caravan park, we're here for a week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Adelaide Casino.Adelaide Casino.
Adelaide Casino.

Entrance from North Terrace.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb