Murray River Water Sports


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Murray Bridge
January 17th 2010
Published: January 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

DanDanDan

Kneeboarding

Fun on the Murray River



A houseboat on the Murray isn’t really complete without a speed boat to provide additional entertainment and a bit of exercise. Les, Daniel’s step-dad, owns such a boat and is an expert water-skier.

We all spent the long hot days having great fun knee-boarding and learning how to ski, not to mention taking delight in the big crashes and face-plants that come with learning a new water sport. We had a few injuries along the way, a badly pulled hamstring (not Dan's thankfully) and a few painful backs and necks.

Daniel had developed the bug for water-skiing, with a goal of learning to slalom (single ski), and as the water is flattest and quietest early in the morning there was no time Natalie to have lie-ins so a few loops would be completed before breakfast each day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

NatNat
Nat

Great view!!
DanDan
Dan

Kicking off one ski to begin slalom
Ouch!Ouch!
Ouch!

Learning slalom isn't so easy...
DanDan
Dan

Nailed it


18th January 2010

Wakeboarding and wakesurfing next!
Great to see you carving up the Murray Dan and Nat! Let me know when you hit Darwin and we can do it all again (sort of). My boat is an Air Nautique, which is a purpose built wakeboard boat, so it is not much fun to ski behind due to the size of the wake. But you can try your hand at Wakeboarding or Wakesurfing with us at Manton! I can probably even take a day off and go mid week so that we can have the dam to ourselves :-) ....... Nat won't mind dodging the crocs hey ;-)

Tot: 0.389s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 15; qc: 81; dbt: 0.2435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb