Still kickin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Mt Gambier
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yes, we are still in Mt Gambier and even survived a week of liver abuse when all our best mates came to visit for the June Queens birthday weekend…and stayed for a week!! Prior to that Jeff has been still loving himself sick at his work as a motorbike mechanic, we also went to the local track when they had a motorcross weekend not too long ago. Was freezing but full of mud & great stacks as you would expect.
Jeff’s birthday was spent at the Mt Gambier Cup horse races, went out for dinner afterwards and dancing after that. It was only when we’d drunk Mt G dry that things started to go pear shaped…but more about that later…NOT!
Believe it or not Tab has been pouring beers…and no, not down her gullet for a change! She is working as a bar wench at a local pub called Mac’s Hotel and is really enjoying it. She may also have some work coming up at a licenced café in town called “Anno Domani”….for those of you not smart enough that translates to “Year of the Lord”. Good Lord we reckon….what the f*#k were they thinking! We are certain a lack of experience waiting tables will lead to some interesting events on the job. Either way, the current Job Seeker (or Dole Bludger in the old language) might finally be off the wagon. Bout time we both reckon, as Tab says there is only so much Dr Phil, Oprah & Ready Steady Cook one can watch on a $10 TV.
So onto the week of shenanigans that occurred when the hills ferals decided to grace our shores. Two couples (Suzz, Jase, Mick & Bek) were smart enough to stay in luxurious cabin warmth while Madge and Mick decided to “rough it” with Jeff and I on a powered site. We certainly used food and alcohol to help stay warm, and one night even roped in the assistant manager of the park and the maintenance guy into a drinking session in the games room…nearly all went to bed as the sun came up. We also had a day on the farm in Naracoorte and dressed up in our best farm gear. The op shops in Mt G did well that week. We also spent a small fortune on wine during a mini-bus wine tour to Coonawarra, which is about 40 minutes drive from Mt G. All in all a fantastic, lazy week and now we are all trying to fit back into our jeans! Thanks guys for making the trip west, we loved catching up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Our happy boysOur happy boys
Our happy boys

Oscar left, Bailey right
What a bonfire!What a bonfire!
What a bonfire!

@ Rogers homestead in Naracoorte


28th June 2007

Hottt!!!
Hey guys, lookin hot in the farm gear!!!! Glad your doing well wish i could have been there for all the shanaigans...
6th July 2007

Cenosillicaphobia
My liver is still hurting from spending time again with you two 'soaks'. You guys certainly don't help my cenosillicaphobia!!! SYG

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb