Continuing toward the centre


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Marla
September 18th 2012
Published: September 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Lunch at the Cadney HomesteadLunch at the Cadney HomesteadLunch at the Cadney Homestead

This outback station has found another way to supplement their income.
Last night we went to bed the lone people in the rest stop. We awoke this morning to find that we had been joined by two road trains and a camper.

Today we found how challenging it is to estimate our fuel needs as we battled heads winds and lots of long uphill gradients. We were relieved to get to the next fuel stop with some fuel remaining. A lesson learned. As you can see from the photo, fuel has become a significant cost. Only $130 this time! Yesterday we got very close to breaking the $200 fuel stop.

In spite of the warning signs, today we only saw three brumbies, two head of cattle and a couple of groups of emus. Two groups of people trying to wave cars down was a little disconcerting. However we heard warnings over the CB radio.

The day finished in a delightful caravan park at Marla. A real oasis.

We also enjoyed reading your comments on our blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



18th September 2012

that's cheap
I wait to hear your yell of pain and disbelief when you have to pay $2.65 which I think was the most we paid on our trip and then there is the cost of simple things like vegetables in some remote places ..... gives you a new appreciation for your home grown produce ..... perhaps a little garden planter box in the window would be a good addition to the caravan.
18th September 2012

Stay south of the dog fence
I don't know where Marla is! Where is your blog map guys?
19th September 2012

Getting hotter
You will be glad that you have a roof on your caravan... hahahhaa Have you been following the temperatures for Alice Springs? 37C may be a bit of a shock after 22C but at least you will have cool nights. Slip, slop, slap... in fact long sleaves and a big shady hat are good : ) Glad your having a lovely time.

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb