Cruising the mouth of the mighty Murray.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Goolwa
March 27th 2013
Published: March 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Last week we booked two tickets for a six hour cruise on the Murray. We left camp in the rain (once again) with a change of clothes and arrived at Goolwa suitably damp, then walked into our gender specific toilets to change into our cruise gear. Now, the poor man who was in there doing gods work, got the shock of his life, and I don't blame him. Apparently he hasn't seen a near naked man in the toilets changing.Unfortunately, this gentleman was also a passenger on the cruise, so we had a further 6 hours to get to know each other very well. Odly enough, our toilet encounter was not spoke about again, even though we exchanged pleasantries during the day.

We cruised through barrages, built between the mainland and a number of islands to keep the salt water out of the river. Our captain, was a very knowledgeable chap and awed us with facts and figures from early european settlement to present day. He also drove the boat really well. We moored at a couple of spots for a tour of the dunes and surrounds, but for us, the highlight was seeing the mouth of the Mighty Murray meets the Great Southern Ocean. Its a trip we would highly recommend if anyone is interested in the Murray and heading down this way.

We have been along most of the Murray, and the parts we haven't seen, hopefully will be sighted very soon.

Advertisement



28th March 2013

Try your luck at fishing on the Murray?
29th March 2013

How embarrassing.
God the weather really isn't working for you at the moment is it. The cruise sounds great. Hope the poor guy didn't damage his eyes. How embarrassing.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb