Flinders Ranges


Advertisement
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wilpena PoundWilpena PoundWilpena Pound

View of the natural amphitheatre from our plane!
Hi Yall
It’s now Sunday 13th March and we’re at Minlaton on the Yorke Peninsula.

We had a great time in the Flinders Ranges, staying at Wilpena Pound campsite. We took a really exciting flight over the “Pound” in a light plane. It’s the only way to see the spectacular natural “Amphitheatre” formation of the mountains. The flight was a bit bumpy at times but well worth the terror!!

After the flight, we went on a 4WD treck in the Prado along the Brachina Gorge riverbed. Fortunately it didn’t have much water in it at the time but it was a good test for the Prado. The massive River Red Gums and huge wash-outs along the gorge were awesome.

On another day, we did a guided half -day 4WD tour, with four people from Adelaide, in a 12 seater Troup Carrier. We weaved our way along the ridges on the hills of Arkaba Sheep Station. The views of the surrounding mountains and plains, again demonstrated what a massive country we live in.

We were unaware, until today, about the terrible devastation in Japan. Some of the video of the event is incredible. What is going on with
Another Flight!Another Flight!Another Flight!

Rose and I after yet another light plane flight
this world?

Over and out, until next time

John & Rose



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Brachina GorgeBrachina Gorge
Brachina Gorge

Note the rock formations.
Flinders WildlifeFlinders Wildlife
Flinders Wildlife

Yellow footed Rock Wallaby


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb