Victor Harbour 2


Advertisement
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Silver Sands BeachSilver Sands BeachSilver Sands Beach

Trish and Jackie enjoying Silver Sands Beach
Today we travelled to Myponga via the Hindmarsh Valley, went to the markets and enjoyed more of the west coast at Normanvillle Beach More old buildings but mostly the Inman Valley where huge old Red Gums and lush valley views make a change to the Fleurieu' s traditional dairy and wine areas and contrast with the coastal forests.

Fantastic countryside and the peninsular keeps on surprising by being bigger in area and more diverse than we expected.

Then on to Silver Sands and Aldinga Beaches for some beach driving before lunch in Mclaren Vale at Oscars (an old institution). A trip to Wirra Wirra winery for some tasting was a highlight before heading back to V.H. On the road home we passed through Willunga renowned for its many fine old buildings dating back to the 1840's. The town and much of this area of the peninsular was settled as wheat and grazing land, now mostly under grapes, but its early wealth and growth came from slate mining.

Back home for early drinks and more walking with Jackie. Tonight Trish and I went and saw the movie Red Dog...and loved it ! If only half of it was true
Silver Sands Beach Silver Sands Beach Silver Sands Beach

Great driving beach
it is still an amazing story of one dogs life, when we get to Dampier we will look up his statue.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Wirra Wirra WineryWirra Wirra Winery
Wirra Wirra Winery

Tasting the product, Neil Seated waiting to be served by the Girls !


16th October 2011

Mum and Jackie - picture perfect!
That photo of Mum and Jackie is AMAZING! Jackie is the perfect little model, standing properly, chest all puffed out! Mum looks happy as well! Good photo of the Troll on the beach too ;) I am sure you guys had a bit of fun wine tasting, Wirra Wirra looks nice. Have you got any photos of Willunga? Are the buildings still sandstone based in that area as well? I still haven't seen Red Dog!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb