Victor Harbour


Advertisement
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

OK, OK, we know we have not loaded any photos yet but we are still trying to catch up! Having Faye and Neil with us has impacted our ability to do this blog 'real' justice..just having way too much fun I guess ! If I can at least give you some info the pics will follow.

Our first day we took a trip down to Cape Jervis via Waitpinga. Fantastic rolling coutryside, looking brilliant in an amazing season. Cape Jervis is the ferry terminal to go over to Kangaroo Island. We worked out for the 45 min trip for our vehicle and the Trakkie it would cost about $480 ...one way ! would love to go there one day, but that will have to be a dedicated trip. Cape Jervis is a small fisho spot, not alot of facilities but if you had a boat and some bait you would be in heaven. From here we headed up to Second Valley, a small (very) holiday beach spot on west coast of peninsular. This was a pretty spot with a great little van park, already booked out for Jan '12. Again countryside is rolling hills and dotted with original sandstone buildings.
Second Valley Second Valley Second Valley

Old Mill Cafe/Restaurant...great building !




Back in V.H. we went for a long walk on the beach that night where Jackie ran her legs off and lost the bottom diving in chasing seagulls...she was most indignant, surfacing spluttering and shaking. ...another great day on the Fleurieu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Second Valley Second Valley
Second Valley

The coastline looking along the beach north (towards Adelaide) at Second Valley


11th October 2011

Sounds amazing guys, will be great to see some of the photos!
16th October 2011

The Old Mill - Degraves Mill?
The photo of the Old Mill looks like Degraves Mill, just with a big chimney! Second Valley with its rolling hills and seaside aspect reminds me a bit of the coast down near Princetown, along Johanna somewhere! Looks very pretty though. And I still can't get over the cost of the ferry - I thought the Sorrento to Queenscliff ferry was expensive!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0785s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb