First night!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Coober Pedy
June 19th 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the Way!On the Way!On the Way!

Awesome sunset as we drove along the Flinders Ranges.
Hello again,

Well we survived our first night in Woomera. The park was very basic but did the trick. First night away in the van, took a while to get sorted, but we finally managed to get Dinner, had a BBQ, not cold outside, quite pleasent, although it did get rather cold later at night. Thank god for the portable heater!

Some awesome views of the Flinders Ranges on the way up. We drove along side them, they are very picturesque. Have to made a seperate trip there one day.

We headed off for Coober Pedy about 9am the next morning, after a quick breakfast, forgot the milk, so toast it was!!! Stopped in at SPUDS Roadhouse for fuel ($1.69 per litre). We also stopped at "the middle of nowhere" (Matt's description) and had a kick of the footy while Jac made toasties in the van. Think we have the van sorted now, very easy to get up and down quickly.

Arrived in Coober Pedy about 2pm and filled up the Pajero again ($1.67 per litre ... not getting used to this fuel price). We had a look around town, checked out the underground Church, which was
Coober PedyCoober PedyCoober Pedy

have to stop for the signs to grab a cheeky photo!
actually pretty cool. After that, took the boys down to the Skate park, where Matt and Ben caught up with the "brothers". They were pretty good on the old scooters, but eyed of Matt's "cool" scooter. Matt let them have a go, think they were pretty impressed. Matt said he couldn't really understand their language ...... :-) ..... not used to the brothers talking so fast!!!!

Cooked up another BBQ back at the Underground Motel we are staying at for the night. Boys had seen Coober Pedy on ABC kids TV and wanted to stay underground. Unfortunately when I went to put the boys in bed they told me they were scared!!!! Apparently the Zombies were going to get them! Not before me!

Jac and the kids are all in bed now, big day, Jac and Jane are sick from Melbourne (not looking after themselves me thinks) and Matt is still recovering from his head injury. I have attached the photo of Dad removing them! Very funny, squealed like a little piggy on the first LHS one. Unfortunely the skin had started to grow over it!!!! I was in trouble.

Well tomorrow is a BIG day, 630km
Skate ParkSkate ParkSkate Park

Matt, Ben and the Brothers!
to Curtain Springs Station. It's a working cattle station that also has a caravan/camping ground. Steven (Jac's bro) used to work there. It's very close to Uluru (Aires Rock). We will be there for 2 night and make a day trip out to the Rock.

Sorry uploading on the NET is very slow/impossible, will add more photos when we can.

Speak to you all soon!

Love RJJMB. xoxo






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Underground ChurchUnderground Church
Underground Church

Open 24 hours a day ... lots of sins to confess in Coober Pedy ????
Matts StitchesMatts Stitches
Matts Stitches

Dad had to remove Matts stitches .. not as brave as when they had to go in!!! Ouch!!!!


28th June 2011

Hello
Hey Langstreths its caitlin just like 2say hi how ya going mate hope u r having a amazing time and im already missing u i hope its nice weather and ur having a brilliant experience Luv Caitlin!!!! PS: Jane id luv 2 c u soon (same with the others)

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb