day 65 1.10.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Ceduna
October 9th 2008
Published: October 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were last to leave the camp site as we slept in. Today was a better day as we had a southwest wind behind up all day and it was hard to keep the speed down to a safe level. Filled up at Mundrabilla roadhouse at180c/l which was a good surprise at the price. Over the border and said good bye to Western Australia for the time being, then started the Nullarbor Plain section. Filled up at the Nullarbor roadhouse at 192.9c’l which is cheaper than what we thought.

At the Nullarbor roadhouse Marg spoke to a woman who said about 15k’s up the road there was a turn off to see the whales so we stopped for a while. There were about 10 in the bay with some had calves. They were beautiful just taking it easy in the bay. So off it another free camp this time at 164k peg. There was no one there so we picked a nice shady spot at the back off the camp area.

After setting up camp Warwick started to clean the generator and try to get it running properly but no luck think that it will need a service back home so for the rest of the trip no generator. While Warwick was looking at the generator Marg and the dogs went for a walk and they came across a large lizard, so the dogs were investigating what it was so Marg quickly got the out of there.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb