DAY 7 CEDUNA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Ceduna
June 15th 2022
Published: June 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

DAY 7 CEDUNA

Overnight rain and a ‘fresh’ breeze had us wrapped in warm clothes until midmorning before a beautiful day with a few wispy clouds flowing through. We explored the town from its outskirts and within and came to the opinion (not verified), that Ceduna was a not-a-well-to-do place. The port at Thevenard had huge silos and gypsum exporting facilities. Being a coastal town, a sheltered, small boat harbour for the local fishing industry had been constructed too.

Washing and drying was also completed today plus the topping up of a few fresh vege supplies … just couldn’t convince Jane to buy chocolate and such goodies.

However, the highlight of the day came about when Pauline Cooper, who was following our trip from Geraldton, messaged to say that Ian Gummery’s brother John, and his wife Pauline, were in the same area and to keep an eye out. An eye out was kept … they were in the same caravan park but in much more salubrious accommodation. We had all been school mates from the St Pat’s Geraldton era. John was a couple of years ahead of me. They are headed across to Bendigo, meeting up with another Geraldtonite and all-round good bloke, Peter Diamond. After a long chat we’ve decided to continue it tonight over at ‘the local’.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb