Burra – Damned whining mosquitoes in the night!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Burra
November 28th 2012
Published: November 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

http://www.travelblog.org/Admin/Blog/gmap-entry.php?diary_id=60524

Arriving just on lunchtime, we indulged ourselves by dining at the Indonesian Restaurant in Burra. A beautiful chicken curry and spicy king prawns were all we really needed. The banana lemon honey fritter and coconut pandan fritters in a spicy palm sugar sauce tempted us further. And meant another hot afternoon walk was required to offset this indulgence.

Of course we didn’t rush into this. An extended and very informative chat with the host of the AGL wind farm information centre was followed by a tasting at the Apple Cidery and then a walk/drive through the old mine site and round the town. With limited time we have come to the conclusion we should visit Burra again … another caravan trip!

This was our final night of the trip so we celebrated with steak and fine red wine. After a good meal it was off to bed, but sleep was disturbed by the constant whine of blood thirsty mosquitoes. Greg jumping out of bed to chase them did not help either!

The weather forecast for the return to the Barossa was pretty dodgy so we set off early the next morning hence avoiding most of the strong wind. We surprised Mum and Angela by arriving around 10:30 instead of later in the day.

Just a few things to sort and some cleaning to do before we leave the van and head home tomorrow morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb