Brisbane to Perth via .... Jacobs Creek!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Barossa Valley
February 27th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


On Tuesday 26th Feb we left Adelaide after spending two lovely days in this beautiful city.
We were heading north towards Port Augusta and the Eyre Peninsular. Annie had already been told by people we had met that this meant travelling through the wine regions of the Barossa Valley..... These wineries included Jacobs Creek.
We had already passed through the McLaren wine region ... home to Hardys, Penfold etc and we hadn't stopped, but once she heard that Jacobs Creek had a visitors centre on our route then I always knew that we would have to stop at this one!
So, an hour out of Adelaide we travelled through the Barrossa Valley and came across the Jacobs Creek Winery..... Annie's spiritual home!
And today they had a VIP visitor! Forget travelling around the world to see glaciers and whales in New Zealand or iconic constructions in Sydney or beaches at Surfers Paradise.... this was to be the highlight of her trip!!
She was like a child in a sweetshop as we drove up the drive of the huge visitors centre.... But, I suppose she has virtually paid for it over the last 25 years!

The sign outside showed directions and
Jacobs CreekJacobs CreekJacobs Creek

Some of the places where they export the wine... they missed off the garage in Nuneaton where you get three for a tenner!!!
distances to various cities across the world (see the photo's) and she was disappointed that it didn't show Northampton / Nuneaton where she normally gets 3 for a tenner!!!

We explored the centre, took some photo's and then eventually tried a few wines... settling on a white fizzy wine that was exclusive to the estate. The lady pourd the first glass and then she sniffed it, turned her nose up and threw it straight down the sink.
Well, I can only describe the look on Madam's face as pure.....Horror!!! She then poured us a glass each containing barely a mouthfull but she made a basic mistake of leaving the bottle within arms reach and Madam was able to help herself!!
Like a Muslim going to Mecca or a Catholic visiting Lourdes.... Annie had made the pilgrimage .... and her life is complete!

It was an interesting place and well worth visiting.
For example, the tree that produces cork for the bottles has to grow for 25 years before the bark is mature and even then it only produces 600 corks per annum.

Well, madam and Jeanette and Colleen and Julia will consume this amount alone in one year.... no wonder they introduced screw tops!!!

We even purchased 3 bottles of their exclusive champers to celebrate with when we meet up with her sister Trish in Perth.... if they last that long!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Jacobs CreekJacobs Creek
Jacobs Creek

Annie won an award at the visitors centre for consuming the most wine in one sampling!!
Jacobs CreekJacobs Creek
Jacobs Creek

Not happy that I had to purchase some bottles after she drank the place dry during a visit!


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb