Clare Valley / Barossa Valley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Barossa Valley
August 10th 2011
Published: August 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were up bright and early and left Port Augusta behind us heading for Clare. We were glad to see the change in vegetation to the east of Port Augusta and it was lovely to see some green ! David was very impressed with the cropping area we came through, there were some great looking wheat crops as well as canola and lupins.

Our first stop of the day was Clare which is a really pretty town, from Clare we headed toward Tanunda; where we wanted to stop at Maggie Beer's Farm Shop, and planned to stop at a few wineries on the way. The first winery we stopped at was Greg Cooley Wines - although a very young winery this was our favourite of the day. Greg and Kelli gave us some suggestions on which route to take on our way to Tanunda and we called in at Pikes and Reillys where we also tasted some lovely wines.

After a lunch stop at Rhynie we headed into Tanunda and got some directions to Maggie Beer's Farm Shop - as you could imagine the shop was pretty busy and we managed to find quite a few tasty treats to bring home.

Our next winery stop was Whistler Wines, another young family winery with great wines, with the last stop of our day at tbhe very old Seppelsfield Winery which was a fantastic location with lovely old buildings and huge parkland, this would be a great spot to explore on a fine day.

We will definately be coming back to the Clare and Barossa Valley's to spend some time.

We decided that we would try to make it to Renmark tonight so that we could have a reasonably straight forward drive home tomorrow - this meant we arrived fairly late and have booked into a cabin at the caravan park instead of putting up the camper.

So tomorrow is the last day of our adventure and we will be home in our own bed tomorrow night !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb