Mystery Box Challenge Day 5


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
September 28th 2016
Published: September 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 5
Today is the last day of the rally. We have woken up to a beautiful sunny day with no clouds in the sky. The town is an old copper mining town that was in operation in the late 1800's. A beautiful setting for one pub, one school and a milk bar. A nice place to come back to and visit. Today we drive from Blinman to Hawker to Orroroo to Peterborough to Auburn and then to Adelaide. Tonight we have an end of rally party and tomorrow we drive another 700km back to Melbourne. Well that was the plan. We got through all those towns without mishap but as we were approaching our final destination the heavens open up to torrential rain. We got soaked just transferring our camping stuff from the Mystery Box cars to our car. Anyhow task was done and we headed to the city of Adelaide for a nice hot shower in our hotel. No that was not going to happen as the whole state of Adelaide had lost power and the hotel did not have backup generators. We decided to drive home instead. Took a little while to get out of Adelaide and its gridlock. Finally got home after 9 hrs in the car. The storm caught us on the road. Very scary but we survived unscathed. Home at last. Our end of rally party was also cancelled as the venue had closed due to the loss of power.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb