Mystery Box Challenge Day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
September 28th 2016
Published: September 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 4
Today we are heading to a town called Blinman. We head off from William Creek to Maree and then through the Flinders ranges and end up in the small town of Blinman. After the 100 km we had a chance to view lake eyre south . Lots of salt at its edges. An experience to see water in this lake at this time of year. The total kms to drive today is 531km on dirt roads. It looks like we will get to our destination in the dark. The town of Marree is so small it had a roadside petrol and diesel pump as well as one roadside shop which looked more like a tin shed. We ended up getting a flat tyre with 150 to go. The tyre was punctured by the sharp stones we were driving over. The last 100 km was at sunset and we were driving directly into the sun with dusty roads and very little visibility. Once the sun went down it got worst. We had even less visibility and even more dust. We finally got into town at 7.15pm. We were supposed to have a costume dress up night tonight but because of the lateness it was cancelled. We were also going to have a talent show that each team was going to have but thankfully that was cancelled as well. Again, no idea of the route for tomorrow although we know we will end up in Adelaide.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb