Adelaide & Halls Gap 2016


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
September 1st 2016
Published: September 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 (29/8/2016)

Went to Westfield Marion Shopping Centre which we have not seen for a few years. The place certainly has changed & major upgrades have taken place.

Decided to have lunch while there & suggested to Deb King George Whiting & Prawns. Deb’s eyes lit up, so the answer was obvious as KGW is her favourite fish. Needless to say it was absolutely delicious!

From there it was off to see Deb’s friend Mandy. We spent several hours there before having dinner at Imperial Palace at O’Halloran Hill. The food was sensational & from there we headed back to the van for a good nights sleep.



Day 5 (30/8/2016)

Deb headed off into the city for lunch with her friend since childhood, also named Deb.

Bob stayed at the van for a day of rest researching 17” tyres for the Nissan Pathfinder. We already had several quotes but I kept digging to find a really good price. Lo & behold the last place I contacted had the best offer by a long way, giving me a special a day before he was meant to. Booked in for tomorrow to get them fitted.



Day 6 (31/8/2016)

Headed off to Conquest Tyrepower at Grange Rd Brooklyn Park to get the tyres fitted. Nipped off a couple of hundred metres down the road to The Delicious Biscuit for a cuppa & a Brownie, while Deb had Rocky Road.

Back at Tyrepower, Chris the owner did a fantastic job & can highly recommend him & his wonderful team. Piled all the old wheels/tyres in the back & headed to Westfield at West Lakes.

Deb tried to sniff out some bargains but we failed to find anything of significance. Headed back to the van for dinner & some sleep.



Day 7 (1/9/2016)

Headed up to visit my wonderful nieces Rebekah & Danielle. We spent several hours chatting over a couple of cuppas & playing with Rebekah’s son Noah. It is always great to catch up with these wonderful people & extremely hard to leave. The time seems to fly past, but we had to get back to the van to start packing up & hitching the car on ready for the trip to Halls Gap tomorrow.

Got everything hitched up & walked down the road to the West Beach Surf Life Saving Club for happy hour & cheap schnitzel night. Good food, good service at a good price.

Back to the van for an early night so that we can get away early in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb