How strong is the wind in South Australia?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 28th 2013
Published: March 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Up early, all packed and on the road by 9am. (a nice sunny morning)

We gave Geoffrey instructions to get us to Port Wakefield and he laid a path which we attemped to follow. Unfortunately, this took us through Adelaide and loads of detours due to roadworks. On part of this journey we travelled along Adelaides equivalent to Parramatra Road during peak hour. Did I mention it was also raining........bugger.

We survived this, although Geoffrey has not been updated recently and did not like the detours, we were lucky in that we encountered a friendly gentleman on a harley. I know that does sound like a contridiction in terms, but it is the truth. He lead us through a maze of roadworks,detours and general crappy traffic to the other side to meet up with the freeway. Gail is still wondering if Henry has had his photo taken by a couple of red light cameras.

It felt like we were leaving Sydney and heading south on the Easter long weekend, do you get the picture

w once again, the roads were superb, their idea of a divided road is having about 500metres between the traffic. On this stretch our nemessis, the wind, started blowing again, but at least the rain had stopped. We rode through these blustering and harrowing conditions and eventually stopped at Port Wakefield to rehydrate (another bakery). Heidi was parked down the street on the side stand. As the stand gives 3 wide points of contact with the road, you would have thought she would have been safe. Alas, Eoin went to the mens and waved to her as he walked past, and she was looking rather sprite, displaying an air of superiority to the other vehicles. Again, alas, when he came out, he found that she had suddenly became very tired and was laying the gutter like a common and uncivilized drunkard.

He rushed (yes, Eoin ran) to administer first aid...to be continued...

.

Advertisement



29th March 2013

Geoffrey?
I get Heidi, you know German BMW. And I remember Henry Hyosung. My wife's Hyosung is Hector. But who the hell is Geoffrey? You are right, friendly gent on a Harley is an oxymoron.
29th March 2013

Geoffrey?
I get Heidi, you know German BMW. And I remember Henry Hyosung. My wife's Hyosung is Hector. But who the hell is Geoffrey? You are right, friendly gent on a Harley is an oxymoron.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb