Adelaide fest broiler no.2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 7th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

well it is still more or less broiling - the usual 32C or whatever - seems til the end of the week and no change other than promised coupla showers (won't hold my breath). Wed. 6 March was a late start and lunch/brunch at almost 2pm at Press * (I think the asterisk is part of the name). Anyway later found out it was Advertiser (the local rag) restore of the year last year. Anyway I had a pappardelle with blue swimmer crab with chilli tomato creamy sauce, which was pretty good. And a glass of SA syrah/Gamay red which I wondered about later (red in the middle of the day that is). Style of the place was suitable boho - long communal benches and stools and rough cut timber walls. Will likely go back there - particularly as found out kitchen is open til 10.30pm.

The first fest event @7.15pm (after a quick Korean beef salad on the way) was Children/a Few Minutes of Lock - main dancer the Canadian Louise Lecavalier with a guy. This was very physical in the duets especially as they really threw each other around - or at least he did most of the
Skeleton posterSkeleton posterSkeleton poster

this did not actually happen
throwing. I thought this was quite a lyrical piece (well compared to what I saw the next night anyway!) And very unusually for dance they did a short of cxtra piece (call it an encore?). After that was Murder - an adult puppet work based on Nick Cave's Murder Ballads. Stagger Lee was partic impressive in this version if you know the song (and is represented on the poster). There were some quite extreme gaming bases sequences later as the notional narrator teamed up with a Lara Croft type female character in a long shootemup.

Today I managed some 10 chicken/prawn dumplings for a very big brunch then hung out at the Central Market for quite a while before back to hostel and across Light Square to the AC thestre for Skeleton, a Larissa McGowan dance piece. I found this rather too mechzniczl and not zt all lyrical like the Lechevalier. It had these very good devices, large black boxes which slid across the stage and mysteriously carried away or deposited dancers from them. But here the somewhat discordant soundtrack and computer gaming dialogue was somewhat offputting for this old salt. New but not very interesting to me anyway.

Afterwards a crushed potato deziiignr pizza with walnuts, parsley and Tilsit (cheese?)?! With a beer - what else in this heat as still 32C.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb