8 Jan - Adelaide & Gillman Speedway


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
January 9th 2011
Published: January 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Oval 2 7 secs
2: Oval 1 12 secs
3: Batchelor exclusion sort of 12 secs
4: Kling impressive 56 secs
5: Juniors 1 16 secs
6: Juniors 2 38 secs
7: Junior 3 49 secs
8: Sidecars 61 secs

Adelaide and Gillman



Rain!! what's that all about... well a bit of drizzle for an hour or two. Took a little wander around the town today central Adelaide and north Adelaide.

Took in the Adelaide Oval amongst other touristy sites. Then it was off to Gillman speedway, another quality set up with some good racing. Ricky Kling a bit unlucky in the final (lifted slightly coming out of turn 2) but he would have had his hands full to keep Batchelor from winning even if he'd taken a better turn 2.

Some other quality juniors on show. Mike, more names to remember are Jack Norman (apparently only 9!!) and Dakota Ballantyne (age 11).

Bumped into Howard again and was introduced to Graeme 'Frosty' Frost and wife, and Eastbourne Mick. Also caught up with Spider again where my future travel plans were re-shaped. I'm now heading up to Broken Hill (26/1) for an Aussie Champ round and then down to Mildura (again) for the 29 Jan Aussie round.

Anyhoo enjoy the photos and videos.

It was also good to see Joe Haines up and about at Gillman as well. I can't actually believe that he was back on his feet after the injuries he incurred (earlier in the Aussie season at Gillman). I believe if memory serves he broke all his ribs down his right side, punctured a lung amongst other things.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb