Arriving in Glenelg


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 28th 2008
Published: December 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Okay so now we have moved on from grape picking. It was getting a little frustrating, cos by the time we left we had only worked 4 outa 10 days. so even tho we werent spending much money at all, we needed to be making more. and the main lady didnt like us very much, so wen we were asked to leave, we gladly did. so we took of on sunday with the two poms rach and colby (who she also kicked out) and headed to Glenelg, the beach about 20 minutes from Adelaide. We spent a very relazing coupla nights with them at an awesum caravan park (coming back with Bradley). Steve and I slept in their tent, while they slept in their van, cos Skip still hadnt been finished, and becos it was Easter there was no way we could get the part for another two days. So we crashed in their tent for two nights, and then on Tuesday we picked up a new gear box and all went back to Jackie's to fix Skip.

Which was interesting in itself Steve and Colby spent a coupla hours under the van (and curling their feet under when it started pouring with rain) while us gurls just watched. They finished late, and after collecting our money we headed to a free spot that Phil (Jackie's housemate) had told us about. It was up a few steep hills and incredible views over the Barossa, and through the rain we set up a tarp between the two vans and crashed the night there. Was so much fun, although I was completely scared.

The next day consisted of more wine tasting (looooove port at the moment) and after some more fixing of Skip (it was real hard to change gears, but a mechanic helped us out for really cheap so it was good) we headed back to Glenelg, where I handed out a couple of resumes.

We headed to another free spot that Rach and Colby knew about, but after sitting there having dinner and stuff, a ranger drove past and asked us to move on, making sure we knew we couldnt sleep there. We ended up driving into the hills a bit more (about 20 mins) and after finding the national parks shut (??????), we ended up parking outside some houses in the hills (with steep driveways and bushy front yards) and crashing there the night.

The next day it was back into Glenelg to check into an actual caravan park where we cleaned up and headed into the town for both Steve and I handed out more resumes. And Steve now has a job! A sous chef position, with the very strong possibility of becoming Head Chef!! Crazy. So it looks like we're going to be staying in Glenelg for a bit now.

Still waiting on phone calls for a job for me, but a few places look promising so tis all good.

missing u all! xxoo






Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb