Naracoorte to Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 3rd 2022
Published: March 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Another big driving day today to make it all the way from Naracoorte to Adelaide. Only three and a half hours by the most direct route, but we spun it out to an all day affair by travelling across to Gulf St Vincent and then taking in some sights along the coastline. We drove straight up the Dukes Highway until we reached the turn off that would take us across the Murray River on the vehicular ferry at Wellington.

After driving around the top of Lake Alexandrina, we stopped for a lunch at the Strath Corner Bakery at Strathalbyn. Arriving right on one o’clock we found the bakery incredibly busy but, fortunately, not sold out of luncheon items! We visited the Tourist Information Centre to enquire about the most scenic route to take us across to Gulf St Vincent. The helpful ladies in the centre made a number of suggestions and we settled on the route that took us via Mount Compass to Sellicks Beach. From Sellicks Beach we drove Coastal Route 31 to Port Noarlunga where we walked out the jetty to look over the reef. It was a beautiful afternoon and with the temperature at 30+ there were quite a few people swimming and snorkeling on the reef.

We were disappointed that the beachfront kiosk was closed and we couldn’t buy ice-creams, but then we spied people walking towards the beach with ice-cream cones. We decided that we needed to head away from the beach to find our ice-cream fix! Fortunately the Royal Copenhagen Ice-cream shop was not far away!

From Port Noarlunga we drove up to Adelaide where we are staying with our friend Meredith at her apartment in the sky. Meredith spoiled us with a delicious chicken laksa dinner after which she suggested that we take a stroll along Angus Street to buy ice-creams for dessert! Oh wow, a two ice-cream day!!

It was such a beautiful night we returned to the apartment and sat out on the balcony on the 21st floor enjoying the city lights.



Steps for the day: 9,046 (6.3km)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb