13 - 19 Adelaide Glenelg


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
January 13th 2011
Published: January 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Glenelg


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Glenelg sunset 23 secs
2: Arthur Sissis U16 Final heat 1 53 secs

Glenelg



13 Jan (Thursday)

Travelled down to Glenelg (the beach front of Adelaide - 20 mins by car from city centre) to catch the rays... it rained all day. That said I'm staying in the Oaks Plaza Pier so the room is quality, best of the trip so far, socan't complain.

I'm booked in for approx 5 days (perhaps more depending on my changing travelling plans)

It looks like a bit of the Great Ocean Road is closed and Horsham has flooded a bit so I've resorted to plan z.

Beach in Glenelg for a while, and eventually head to Murray Bridge, Broken Hill and Mildura. The latter two for two rounds of the Aussie champs. With a few meetings in Adelaide to boot Gillman again and Sidewinders for a few.

Hopefully tomorrow's weather will be better although not sure it will be. Early morning run on the beach on the cards.






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Glenelg beachGlenelg beach
Glenelg beach

Amazing beach and sea


14th January 2011

early morning run on the beach? you sound like Mackay! just make sure you have your water wings incase you get swept away. i take it you haven't encountered any/much of the flooding? are there no other sports on over there apart from cricket and fecking motorbikes?
15th January 2011

Yes doing my best to avoid the floods. Plans have changed somewhat. Was going to Horsham - flooded. And Great Ocean Road, partial land slip. So decided to spend more time by the beach probably 7 days getting burnt to a crisp. Other sports, AFL pre-season training has started and fitba is on-going but it's standard is marginally above Junior fitba back home. Going to watch more motorbikes as a result of change to plans. Although could get to like this beach life..... ;-)
20th January 2011

Is there nothing you touch that doesnae get flooded - yer a jinx man! Take it easy and guid luck with the surfing lessons!"
29th January 2011

it's all gone quiet over there......... still alive? how was burns night? get any haggis? there's certainly enough sheep over there to make a few of them. here's something to make you think of Scotland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-JOD9LoQ8

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb