Adelaide Hills


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide Hills
April 28th 2010
Published: April 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 15-4-10 Well on the road again , it was sad to part with our friends but will catch up soon. A nice sunny day to travel & the wind is not too bad. It was cold last night & this morning. We travelled the long way to Paul & Kenny’s , through Adelaide & then onto the Pacific Highway & up this huge mountain, back to first gear on one hill. We eventually got into the Adelaide Hills which is very pretty scenery .We arrived at Forreston & found Paul & Kenny’s 48 acre property in the hills. We set up in luxury & were offered the guest house to stay in for the week. We declined, but we used the bathroom. The guest house had everything you could possibly need & is decorated in country & antique furniture & is beautiful. We had a drink with Paul & Kenny at the main house, (in the front garden), which is even more beautiful & very large. Tom & Di asked us over to their place for tea about 5 kms away. Tom & Di have an old stone cottage , 120 years old , 4 rooms & the old kitchen out the back has been turned into a bedroom, bathroom & study. Decorated with antiques ,very nice. We enjoyed all their company again & caught up on old times. Poor Kenny had to do night shift at the hospital so she left & after a few more drinks we also left. We slept pretty well that night. Friday 16-4-10 Paul showed us where to go in Lobethal & we dropped the computer off to get fixed, then we went to Woodside & shopped , got my hair cut & had lunch at the pub. We then headed back & Paul showed us his expansive veggie garden , fruit trees, walnut trees & beautiful gardens. The girls had a ball off their leads & chasing the cats. Tom & Di came over for tea & the 6 of us had Calamari, veggie bake, corn & beans. Another few drinks & I was ready for bed. Saturday 17-4-10 We washed & cleaned the inside of the van, then cooked up fresh rhubarb & spinach from Paul’s garden (yummy). Den rang his brother Terry & arranged to meet them at Katherine & Mark’s place at Mt Barker, so we headed off & after a few wrong turns we made it. Terry & Sandra were visiting the kids for the weekend. After catching up with all the news, it was good to see them again. Katherine & Mark are on 5 acres & have two children & are enjoying their horses . We then went back & had tea & drinks with Paul & Kenny . Sunday 18-4-10 We went to Hahndorf to see the sights, it is a German town & is very busy. After walking ½ the street we had lunch at the Hahndorf Inn, a great old pub that served huge meals. We then went to Tom & Di’s for afternoon drinks & then back to Paul & Kenny’s for tea. Monday 19-4-10 . Today was clean up day, we washed the outside of the caravan & car & we had a baked dinner with Paul & Kenny. Tuesday 20-4-10 Can you believe it 12 months on the road .Went into Lobethal & Tom gave Dennis a blood test (all good his iron level is coming down). We then went to Gumeracha & had a drink at the pub, then went to see the Big Rocking Horse & wooden toy factory & had lunch there. I had a rest & then there was a big storm, rain & hail & the van leaked through the vent in the bathroom. We cleaned up & had tea with Paul & Kenny by torch light & candles as the power went out. Wednesday 21-4-10 We rang Jayco to see about getting the van fixed, but they were booked out & suggested we try Mildura. The dogs got a tub & then we went to Modbury to Centrelink & filled the gas bottle & did a bit of running around then headed back to Paul & Kenny’s. We went for tea with Stewart, Marie & their two children & had a lovely night with them, catching up with all the news. They have bought a really nice home at Mt Barker & seem really settled. Thursday 22-4-10 Den took the car into the city to have it serviced , while I cleaned the van, shopped & picked up the computer ($385) . The front brakes in the car needed doing so Den was gone nearly all day. ($560). We are off to the Mclaren Valley tomorrow with, Paul, Kenny, Tom, Di, Collin & Jenny for the long weekend.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb