Day 144 Australia, Surfers Paradise.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
April 9th 2015
Published: April 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Family, Friends, bloggers and whoever else,



Today we woke up feeling nice and relaxed in our double bed, we feel guilty as Mike was sleeping in a single bed!! We had a slight thick head from drinking the night before, so we had a nice breakfast of banana in yogurt and then we headed to the beach to sunbathe, read and swim. The water was amazing and it was so nice to chill on the beach for a while (it is on our doorstep so would be rude not to).



We had arranged to meet up with my friend from sea this morning but we had both forgot about it so after checking my phone we arranged to meet him in the afternoon to watch this show which was on for the Surfers Paradise Festival.



After a quick lunch we chilled out until 1430 then walked the 3km into town.



We met Steven under the Surfers Paradise sign (the one which we forgot to get a photo under, we are both gutted). He was a nurse on the Diamond Princess back in 2007; it was good to see him.



We headed to the show ‘Circe du Sol’; we first thought it was a kid’s show as it was all parents with children there, however it turned out to be three black guys doing amazing aerobics with lots of comedy mixed in. It was really good and well worth the $0 to get in!! haha.



We then had a walk around with Steven before saying our goodbye and our need to head to Woolworth’s to get something for dinner. After wandering around Woolworths we found all the cheapest things we could, so got Venison sausages, sweet potato and some Broccoli. Walking back we stopped off and got another bargain 6 Heineken for $10 again!! MMM



Once back I cooked dinner while we chatted with Mike and had a few beers, even if I say so myself dinner was amazing, I found some gravy stock in the cupboard to add to it all and it was delicious!!! Very proud of my cooking skills!!



We then watched 2 episodes of GOT with Mike, as he wanted to catch up on it before the new season 5 starts soon. We said our goodbyes and thanked him for everything as he was heading out at 6 to work in the morning.



We then headed to bed and I think we were both asleep before our heads got close to the pillow.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb