Thursday - bus to Rainbow Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
October 20th 2014
Published: October 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

A bit of a none eventful day really. I got up, had breakfast and checked out and hung round the hostel in the morning and then made some lunch and got ready to,catch the mini bus down to the bus station and caught the 1pm bus to Rainbow beach. As is usual with the bus we stopped off for a break for 40 minutes along the way.



We arrived in rainbow beach around 3.30pm and I checked in. There seemed to be a welcome meeting on at 4pm for this's people going to Fraser Island the next day, but it was with a different tour company than the one I was going with.



I found my room and said hi to the 2 German girls who were staying there. I had to nip out and get a new bag (my 3rd on this trip now!) before the shops shut. My view of Rainbow beach is that it was the arse end of nowhere And there wasn't much to do there.



I went back to the dorm and stayed there for the rest of the evening as I wasn't in the mood to socialise, I was tired, had some admin to do on line and calls to make to confirm excursions and hostel bookings and wanted to catch up on my blogs.



The German girls popped in from time to time and we chatted and they told me about the welcome meeting and the video they had been shown etc. They were camping and had to cook their own food which they were given, and were also driving the 4WD vehicles around the island. My trip was far more civilised lol.





Xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb