More Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
February 19th 2012
Published: February 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hey ozzy,

Since my stupid laptop broke (Mouldy, Collier I'll PM you) I havnt been able to be in conatct much... sorry for that. It has almost been 2 weeks since we arrived in Australia and we have done so much inm that time leaving this afternoon as a rest before going to Autralia zoo tomorrow (Friday 17th)... Crikey mate!

Since my last blog (which i relise i released one straight after the other) i said we were heading for the beach... we had a bit of change of plans as we saw the weather wasnt going to be amazing and saw other oppotunities of things for us to do. We stayed in the blue mountains another day seeing some more waterfalls, going on more amazing walks trying to get the leaches off of us and taking pictures of even more wild animals. It was an awesome few days (the wet weather making it even better) and we were just leaving, driving on some more mountainours, scenic routes to the vineyards where we drank lots of wine, and it was good.

We left the mountains and, as the weather was getting better, we went to Palm beach (home and away beach for those who care and/or are jelous).

Some where around this time the laptop broke, not by anything I have done although carrying it around in a backpack cramed with all my worldly goods of the past 6 months, can't have helped. We were constantly looking out for computor shops, going to beaches and popping into the towns to ask for any leads and screens that might help.

The weather has defiantly got increasingly better over the past 2 weeks, which has been awesome as we have been mainly on the beaches between Sydney and Brisbane. We have BBQ'd, woke up for the morning sunrise, swam in some nice swimming pools, seen lots of lighthouses, and a group (im sure it has a techinical name) of dolphins on the furthest west coast of Australia (Byron bay). We have taken lots of awesome photos of the 'ultimate' sandwhich, my shadow and Queen Mary the 2nd (some boat), just to name a few.

We went to mortem island early one morning for the day and it was awesome. It was packed full of some amazing times including snorkeling and seeing lots of fish, all you can eat buffet lunch, sandboarding (fun), Archery (I never hit the board once), Spending lots of time in the swimming pool and ending the day with feeding the wild dolphins that came into the harbour. Such a good day but absolutly knackering and I am fighting to keep my eyes open at 3pm the day after.

This is what i have learned after the last week and a half... going to beaches up and down the coast of Australia doesn't get boring. As I said earlier, Australia Zoo tomorow and i am looking forward to everything 100% but most of all (if thats possible) im looking forward to Bindy Austin getting in a cage with the crocs.

I don't no if i will be able to contain myself... might just have to just in with the crocs myself...

May or may not see you soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb