Longreach to Winton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 16th 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Longreach was sad we really liked it there. Got the new Bridgestone Tyre and off we went to Winton and a visit to the home of the famous Waltzing Matilda. We visited the centre that told the story of the song and its origin. We decided to stay on another cattle station, this time it was a lot different,15k from town with a long dirt drive and the Watergate looked very odd placed in the middle of the paddock with nothing around it for miles not even a tree. Sam and the girls go into life on the station feeding the animals and Dannielle couldn't help checking out the 25 horses on the property. Emma the owner is a keen rodeo girl so she loved to talk about her horses. The owners kids Wade and Holly were happy to see some other kids for a few days as well and show us to there best fishing spot in the river behind the house.
The second day in Winton we drove the 300k round tripon dirt road to Lark Qaurry to see the dinosaur stampede, Steve wasn't happy that the Nissan got so dirty, but the footprints of the stampede were worth the drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb