Rainbow Beach - Noosa - Australia Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
November 2nd 2007
Published: November 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well our next stretch of the East Coast was to take us to Noosa via Rainbow Beach and then on for a day of 'Crikeys' at the late Mr Irwins Australia Zoo.

The brief stop and walk along Rainbow beach was well worth the little detour due to the beautiful beach and the multi coloured cliffs that give the beach its name. It also has a huge sand dune called Carlos Sandblow overlooking the beach which is quite a sight.

After this it was on down to Noosa for a nightly stopover. Noosa is a very attractive little place that is built around the many waterways leading out into the sea. It has become a bit of a playground for Australias wealthy and has been touted as the Australian 'Nice'. The beach was very pretty but not the best we have seen and it had more people than we have been used to seeing on it!!

The next morning we were up early and off to Australia Zoo. This was a place both of us had been looking forward to seeing as big fans of Steve 'Crikey' 'Ripper' Irwin!! The Zoo did not disappoint, it has a wide range of animals, mostly native Austrlian but a few World wide animals as well.

There is a massive Conservation message throughout the Zoo and this is no where more evident than when you take your seat in the 'Crocoseum' for the daily show. The first 1/2 hour is a bit boring and mainly aimed at the kids and trying to drum into them the message of conservation and looking after your environment. Finally we came to the highlight of the show....feeding the crocs!! This was very cool!!

The rest of the day was spent wandering around checking out the very cute Koalas and baby tiger cubs that are just 16 weeks old. We did get caught in a massive thunderstorm while looking at the Elephants and this was a sign of things to come as the weather has gotten a lot cooler and wetter recently.

From the Zoo we headed down to Brisbane where we will have a couple of days before moving on to Byron Bay. This section of the trip has become a bit of a whirlwind as are running short of time in the van.




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb