a drive to Yepoon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
August 15th 2021
Published: August 29th 2021
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday morning we drove to Yepoon, but ignoring the directions of our navigation aid we went via Emu Park – and we are so glad we did as it took us along a coastal road with several beaches overlooking the Keppel group of islands even if they were hazy in the distance.



Emu Park itself is a pretty little town and we struck it on a Sunday market day – the park, adjacent to the ocean and beaches, was full of stalls so we enjoyed a good wander, particularly admiring some Alpaca scarves and shawls (ahem, birthday coming up, John).



Further along to Yepoon and rather than the sleepy seaside village we were expecting, we found it to be rather large and bustling. Along the foreshore a decent size concert stage was being set up, whilst food stalls and amusement tents were doing a roaring trade as crowds wandered up and down. It took some getting used to because in the past few weeks the places we have been to appear to close down on Sundays, even the supermarkets. And my gosh, the streets were steep! It actually reminded us of a mini Gold Coast with many holiday apartments and resorts.



Stopping at Wreck Point Lookout we could follow the shoreline to what appeared to be a sizeable marina. The lookout had a good view over the bay to the holiday island of Great Keppel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb