Bit wet :(


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
June 9th 2014
Published: June 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well, 5 days after we left Kadina, we find ourselves in "Sunny Queensland", minus the sun!

Friday morning, we left home at 4.30am (and yes, even I got ready on time). Stopped for breakfast in Yunta where the fog was thick and the temperature down to 3 degrees! We traveled 1080 kms through to Bourke in NSW - a big day, but good to knock the k's out.

Saturday, we were planning to stop over the QLD border in Augathella, but ended up making our way a bit further up the road to a quiet camp spot next to a river, just out of Tambo (couple of 100 k's north of Charleville). That's 3 states in 2 days, and everyone's still alive!

Sunday found us overnight in the bustling metropolis of Pentland, about 100 k's west of Charters Towers. We packed up and hit the road again, thinking that we could push past the planned overnight stop at Townsville, on to Ingham or thereabouts. However, as we hit some heavy rain coming into Townsville, we realised that the lights on the camper trailer were u/s. This was kindly pointed out to us by a passing motorist in no
It really was 4.30am!!!!It really was 4.30am!!!!It really was 4.30am!!!!

I couldn't believe I was up at that time of the day!
uncertain terms....oops! So, a quick phone call to the RACQ and a booking made at the nearest caravan park (for a cabin out of the rain) and here we find ourselves today! As we listened to the rain on the roof all night, we were glad for the cabin, and the boys enjoyed watching the footy on the tv too!

As the RACQ couldn't help yesterday, we're hoping to get the light problem fixed today, and then we plan to head to Cairns. Keeping a keen eye on the radar, and desperately hoping the rain dissipates soon. Whilst it's not the weather conditions we were expecting, we're still thankful for the time off work and school.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement






Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb