Day 143 Australia, Surfers Paradise.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
April 8th 2015
Published: April 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi People,



So we woke up early again, this was down to us going to bed at 10pm!!! We are rubbish travellers sometimes!!! We made a quick breakfast of cheese on toast before hitting the beach for a swim.



The waves were a good 4-5ft and I was loving swimming in on top of the waves, Vick had a swim but didn’t want to get her hair wet. (Something about girls and washing hair I never understand it). After a good swim we headed in for a shower, then headed into town to explore.



The walk into town was around 2.5-3km from the condo, it was a nice walk along the beach; there were loads of people on the beach as it is still the school holidays. We walked until we got to the big Surfers Paradise sign, we wanted to get the standard photo under it but it was way to busy at the time.



We walked around the main town for a while taking in all the shops and everything, we walked to the tram station and then got a tram to Pacific Fair, a shopping center at Burleigh Head. We looked around expecting it to be a discount mall but it was as expensive as anywhere else so after an hour walking around we headed back to Surfers.



After walking around a bit more we headed to Woolys to grab dinner, we got discounted food again (anyone travelling it’s the best way to keep cost down and have more money for drinking and tours), we got some butternut squash, some mini burgers and pasta sauce as we had spaghetti at the condo.



Once we had it all we found that we had a voucher for 6 Heineken for $10 so got them and headed back to the condo.



Vick and I got on and she cooked the burgers and put the spaghetti on whilst I cut up the butternut squash, I put loads of salt, pepper and mixed herbs on them and roasted them in the oven, came out amazing. Everything was really good and as we had so much we shared it with Mike as he had nothing planned for dinner.



Mikes surfing mate came around and we all got chatting, then a few more of his friends came around and we ended up drinking, playing cards and chatting, was a really nice night.



We finished up about 11pm as everyone else had work in the morning, we all headed to bed and were out like a light, we walked about 11 miles today!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb