Surfer's Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
January 16th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello hello hello.

So we've crossed the border into Queensland and removed an hour of time difference from you lovely people back home. We arrived at our hostel, Backpackers in Paradise, bleary eyed after an early morning start to catch the bus. Georgia had said goodbye to her beautiful man for the last time (sob) and we soon checked in to our 20 bed dorm. Enormous in size and filled with wierdos its safe to say we did not sleep well. With the added bonus of the beds shaking and creaking every time someone rolled over we felt more like we were on a boat - more to come on sleeping on boats later! There was also an interesting resident in our dorm, on the bunk next to Bean who never seemed to leave her bed, woke everyone up at 7am with her phone calls and was even delivered Maccas in bed by her friends (yes. she was rather chubs). Safe to say we were not impressed.

We didn't really llike Surfer's Paradise, finding it all a bit overhyped and tacky. Fortunately Georgia and Sophie found the local Louis Vuitton and felt right at home having a lovely long chat with the sales assistance (only after hearing our Surrey accents did she believe we weren't there to rob the store despite looking rather messy having just come off the beach). Although the weather was pretty stormy throughout our stay in Surfer's, Sophie tried her hand at surfing again, this time managing to stand up on most attempts (wooooo!). Much ice cream was consumed - not helped by the fact that our hostel sold them and Sophie discovered for the first time the amazing taste of a Heaven Cookies and Cream. For you poor people back at home who have yet to try this ice cream, its actually unbelievably delicious and Sophie spent much of the rest of our time in Australia converting other people to it. Max often disappeared to MacDonalds for the FREE wifi whilst Sophie and Georgia spent hours swinging in the hammock.

After our days in Surfers we were more than ready to get back on the bus and head on up to Brisbane.

Toodaloo for now.

muchos love

mwah mwah

gsm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb