Surfers Paradise & Brisbane!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
April 28th 2012
Published: May 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We stayed at a hostel called Surf 'n Sun in Surfers Paradise. It wasn't the greatest hostel but every night they would have a club that we could get free entry to and a free drink. There was not much to do in the day except go to the beach it is definitely more of a party place, plus it rained most of the time so couldn't actually go to the beach haha. On our first night we went to a club called sin city which was really cool and cheap! On our last day Brittany and Jen the Canadian girls who we met in Byron met us at Surf n Sun so we went out with them and their room mates that night. We really didn't like our room mates in this place there were three girls who were just annoying and another guy on his own who didn't talk to us even though I gave him alcohol!! How rude!!!
After two nights in Surfers Paradise we went to Brisbane, we stayed in a YHA hostel which are really not very sociable at all but it was really nice to stay in and it had a movie room which was cool. We went to the botanical gardens with a picnic but there were iguanas, bugs and spiders running round all over the place so I was on edge and jumping every time something moved haha!! Yeah the picnic wasn't very successful we just found a bench to sit on and the whole time we were being watched by a massive lizard haha!! Then after we had left we found out there were snakes in the gardens and there was a crocodile in the water!!!
The next day we went to Australia Zoo which was set up by Steve Irwin. It was really good and had loads of crocodiles and koala bears!!! We went to the crocodile show which was crazy the keepers would tease the crocs until they got really close and snapped and then chucked a chicken in its mouth!! So scary they were huge! And there was a show that was dedicated to Steve Irwin where they had pretty parrots and birds flying all over the place and a lady got into the water with a snake. We got to feed the kangaroos, they were so chilled out you could just go sit next to them and stroke them they didn't care about people being around them.
Next stop Hervey Bay and Fraser Island!! Very excited!!
Love Katie & Michael x x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb