Cape York - Seisa - fishing


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Seisia
May 30th 2015
Published: May 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, a very busy day today. The group split up today. Matthew and his family headed back to Mutee Heads to try their luck fishing that spot, remembering he was not successful the day before. The rest of us did some checking out spots for camping. We went to Alau beach camp. It was run down and not very appealing. Took this off the list. Second was back to Punsand Bay. It was a great camp. Good restaurant, good accommodation spots right on the beach And only 1 or 2 km from the Tip. we also looked at Loyalty beach. Not impressed with that one either. We had a lunch at Punsand Bay. In the afternoon Xavier took Tonina and Tracey for a little tinny ride just for fun. Well it turned out to be a fantastic fishing expedition. They caught heaps for 1 and 2 kg fish, mainly trevally and queen fish. It started raining while they were out and ended up coming back in totally drenched. Xavier then took the kids and Paul out and more fish were caught. We gave all of the fish, except one to the local aborigines who were on the pier fishing. Matthew came back in the dark with a gigantic Queen fish at 90 cm long. Overall it was a really fun day. The weather is very interesting. It is hot yet it had been drizzling all day. One good thing is the sun is not out pelting at us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Seisa TinnySeisa Tinny
Seisa Tinny

Having some fishing fun at Seisa
Punsand BayPunsand Bay
Punsand Bay

Lunch at Punsand Bay
Fishing at Mutee HeadsFishing at Mutee Heads
Fishing at Mutee Heads

The first big fish caught and landed by Allison.
Palm CockatooPalm Cockatoo
Palm Cockatoo

This is a picture of a Palm Cockatoo. I am afraid I could not get close enough to get such a good shot. This is an internet shot but exactly the same bird
Palm CockatooPalm Cockatoo
Palm Cockatoo

This is as close as I could get to this Palm Cockatoo


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb