Bundaberg to Rockhampton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
August 18th 2011
Published: August 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 16th Aug
Left Bundaberg and headed to Calliope (about 20klms out of Gladstone) - was told that accomodation was at a premium at Gladstone because all the workers in town had taken all the accomodation and there was very little for tourists so we decided to stay at Calliope. We had prebooked a powered site at Calliope Caravan Park but when we arrived it was very average (well actually below average) but as there was no other option we stayed the night ($20).
We checked out the Calliope River free camping area but were amazed at how many caravans were staying here (about 50 caravans on both sides of the river).
Wednesday 17th Aug
Headed to Rockhampton and booked into the Riverside Tourist Park $32 pn (Family Park) - very nice little park right on the river and right in town, we stayed 3 nights.
Thursday 18th Aug
Drove out to Yappoon, a very nice beach side town with some spectacular views over to Great Kepple Island. Had fish and chips over looking the ocean. Drove down to Emu Park where we saw the Singing Ship - it is a monument to Caption Cook which has pipes which sound like singing when the wind is blowing, quite special.
We were having a nanny nap after our drive when we heard some planes flying over head so we headed out side only to see the Roulettes practising before they headed down to Bundaberg for this weekends air show. Their formation flying was just fantastic and they flew right over the caravan park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb